GENERAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
PACT, Ltd. is a district steam heating company consisting of a steam boiler plant and distribution system serving downtown Pittsburgh. PACT is currently looking to fill an available general maintenance mechanic position with a qualified candidate. Preferred candidates are those with a background in industrial electricity. PACT is a union shop represented by the Steamfitters Local 449.
General Maintenance Mechanics personnel are responsible for inspection, repair, and manipulation of equipment in the plant and distribution system.
Duties / Skills:
The following skills and duties are associated with this position:
- General mechanical maintenance ability and proper use of common tools.
- Knowledge of rotating and reciprocating equipment (pumps and compressors) and the proper use of tools to perform equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of industrial electricity including three phase power, motors, lighting, and switchgear.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and ladder logic in order to troubleshoot equipment electrical equipment and control systems.
- Knowledge of distributed control systems, micro-controllers, and their components.
Licensing / Certification
- A valid City of Pittsburgh Electricians License (or the ability to obtain one).
- All Maintenance personnel are required to maintain a City of Pittsburgh Stationary Engineer license (3rd class Power Engineer license from NIULPE).
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- 1 to 3 years of relevant industrial or maintenance experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
PACT is an industrial work environment. As such, PACT requires General Maintenance Mechanics to meet the following physical demands:
- Ability to safely use a ladder
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to manipulate small hand tools
- Proper use of personal protective equipment
If interested, please complete our on-line EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
If you feel you would enjoy working in a challenging environment then contact us. We have a competitive pay scale and benefits and would like to talk to you about joining our team.